Is it just me or is something fishy going on? Patrick Brown, the (resigned) leader of the PC party, is a ruined man, regardless of whether he is innocent or guilty. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? He has not been my choice to lead the PC party, but I think the whole scandal stinks. Here’s why:
- the “victims” remain anonymous
- who talked them into coming forward and why did they not go to the police instead of the media?
- why did they take so long (10 years) to come forward? Oh right, an election is coming up and a smear campaign is the best way for the Liberal party to deflect from the mess they are in.
- what was the under aged woman doing in a bar drinking in the first place. I wasn’t born yesterday, I know it happens, but did Patrick Brown take her there? No. Was he drinking? No. Did he buy her a drink? Yes, but is that a crime? If every male that meets a woman in a bar and buys her a drink is persecuted, the heterosexual orientation is doomed.
- why did the other woman go to his home? With another male to boot. Then when in his home agree to go into the bedroom.
- when she (a bit late in my opinion) said NO, he took her home. How awful and ungentlemanly. (NOT)
These are just a few of the “facts” that are swirling around this scandal. Regardless of whether Patrick Brown is guilty or innocent, he is a ruined man. I feel very sorry for him and any other heterosexual male playing the dating game these days, especially the ones in the public eye.
Please be sure to visit my other blogs:
Laugh out loud (LOL) with me at Your Daily Chuckle
Be inspired and motivated by famous words of wisdom at WoW
My gardening website can be viewed at gardens4u.ca