Well, I pushed my garden season as far as possible……but my frozen fingers and toes convinced me to pack it up. Although I miss my garden business already (I’ve only been closed for the season for one week) I do admit there are (a few) good things about my offseason. My to do list is the only thing growing these days.
‘Tis the season instead for tackling my to do list of things I don’t seem to have enough time for the rest of the year. Some are fun, others not so much….
- freelance writing
- watching Ellen every morning for a good laugh
- sleeping in, especially when the weather is bad. Look out the window, roll over and fall back asleep!
- baking, although that can be dangerous without all the exercise I get during gardening season
- spending even more time with my grandchildren who are growing in leaps and bounds
- preparing my tools (sharpening and cleaning) for next season
- decluttering the gardening stuff in our garage
In reviewing a similar post from last year at this time, I am proud to say I did accomplish lots of the items on that list, especially the sewing projects. Can you tell I am a list person? Of course, the things that did not get accomplished in that offseason will be added to this year’s list.
Isn’t this a dreary looking picture? That’s the advertising on my van (or garden mobile as my son and his friends call it) being pelted by snow. It sure makes miserable weather for gardening!
Enough procrastinating, back to my list!