Many home remedies are passed on through generations in families, but some are said to be merely old wives’ tales. Here are a few I have heard of:
- honey: sore throats
- salt: sore throats
- oatmeal: in a bath relieves dry, itchy skin and rashes
- coconut oil: makeup remover, after bath moisturizer
- olive oil, tea tree oil: ear wax
- diluted baby shampoo (1:1): itchy or scaly eyelids
- vinegar: mixed with baking soda, cleans out slow drains. Weed killer on lawns, but will kill grass too. Mixed with water alleviates heartburn.
- lemon juice: mixed with water cleanses colon
- ginger: indigestion
- turmeric: arthritis and other chronic inflammation
- cranberry juice: bladder or urinary tract infections
- cucumbers: under eye bags
I make a concoction of lemon juice, crushed garlic, vinegar, cinnamon, and honey when someone in my house has a sore throat. I believe in this home remedy. It seems to work for this old wife.
Do you have any home remedies that you believe in?