As Thanksgiving approaches here in Canada (and in the USA in the near future) we should take a moment in our busy lives to contemplate what we are thankful for. Here is my list:
- I am thankful for my three wonderful sons, each one with different goals, dreams, skills and personalities. I am thankful they are all still working and living close by and thoughtful enough to share their lives with me!
- I am thankful for my husband of thirty one years, for his love and support, not to mention providing me with and helping me raise the above mentioned three sons.
- I am thankful for my good health as well as the good health of those dear to me.
- I am thankful for this wonderful country called Canada that we live in and the particular neighbourhood here in Kanata, Ontario that I live in.
- I am thankful for the job I have where people pay me to play in their gardens.
- I am thankful for the materialistic things in my life too, such as a warm and safe home, clothes on my back, food on my table, family vacations etc.
When you sit down for your Thanksgiving dinner, or before then, be sure to list the things you are most thankful for in your life. Then remind yourself often of your good fortune, especially the non-materialistic things!