How well versed are you on the acronyms that are so popular today in conversations via text, private message or social media? If you have teenagers in your house, you are probably very knowledgeable about these. If not, here is a quick lesson, LOL. That stands for Laugh Out Loud by the way, not Lots of Love as some (of us older) people think.
- OMG is pretty obvious, I just put it on the list to ensure everyone knows at least one.
- WTF too, although I did see a joke on Facebook that implied many people my age do not know what it stands for. In case you are one of them, it’s What The F**k.
- BRB stands for Be Right Back just in case you get interrupted in the middle of a conversation through text or PM (private message) That’s like asking “Can you hold on a minute?” in the old days when you were talking on the (landline) phone and the doorbell rang, or your oven timer went off or…NVM (never mind) you get the picture.
- MYOB means Mind Your Own Business. Some people use an F before the B; you can probably guess what that stands for. I guess that is added when you are really annoyed at someone.
- LMFAO means Laughing My F***ing Ass Off. (a fancier version of LOL) Again, you can add the F or remove it as you please or as your vocabulary dictates. There is also ROFLMAO which is Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Ass Off.
- AFAIKB3 means As Far As I Know Blah Blah Blah. In other words, I don’t care, which means it could be abbreviated to IDC, which should never be confused with IDK which BTW (by the way) means I Don’t Know.
Tell the truth, how many of these acronyms did you know already? I admit I learned a few more today, and tested my eyes at the same time. LOL.